Saturday, 20 February 2016

My Faith

Hey everyone,

I wasn't sure I was going to write this post or not. Even typing this now I'm not sure if I'm going to upload this or not. 

This is something I'm scared to talk about. I worry that people will judge me for this but I feel like this is something I need to do. It's part of who I am.

I'm a Christian. Please don't stop reading. When I say I'm a Christian I don't mean a Catholic like most of my friends. I mean I'm a born-again Christian.

Most people don't know what that means so let me explain. We were all born into a world of sin. You don't need to look far for proof of that.

The standard to get into Heaven is perfection. As sinners we can never reach that standard. God knows this which is why before Jesus was born people had to sacrifice animals to pay for their sins.

Then God sent Jesus to die for our sins. Jesus was born into the world like we all were. He lived a perfect, sinless life. When He died on the cross He died for our sins. He was the perfect sacrifice. He was sacrificed for our sins so we wouldn't have to make sacrifices anymore.

The Bible says that if we believe with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our might and confess that Jesus is Lord then we will be saved or born-again.

I asked Jesus into my life and I trust in Him. I'm a Christian and I get scared telling people that because people automatically judge me for it. It's partly something I got bullied for in primary school.

Sometimes I get scared telling people I'm a Christian because people think that being a Christian means I don't have any problems and my life is perfect. If they see me struggling they say "Where's your God? If being a Christian is so good then why are you struggling?"

But God doesn't promise Christians an easy life. That's a huge misconception. I live for God and even though I go through a lot and still have problems, at least I have God to help me through. My life on earth might be hard but at least I know where I'm going when I die.

I don't have to good works to get to Heaven because Jesus did that for me. I don't need to change to receive Gods love because Gods love changes me. Nothing I do can make God love me any less and it's the same for each and every person reading this.


Yes, I struggle. Yes, I deal with a lot of bad things and yes, I do struggle with my relationship with God and let my problems interfere and blind me from the truth sometimes but ultimately I know that God loves me no matter what and I know he'll get me through things in the end. That might mean talking to a counselor or doing something outside of my comfort zone but God knows what's best for me and I trust Him.

You might judge me for this but that's okay because I have the creator of the universe on my side. I know I might seem 'weird' or whatever because it's not very often you see a teenager actively pursuing a life with God anymore but at least I'm guaranteed an eternal life in Heaven and a friend in Jesus. Go ahead and judge me. I know where I stand.

You can email me or leave a message in the comments if you want. I want you all to know that I appreciate each and every one of you who read this and if you ever need anybody to talk to I'm here.

Thanks for reading,
                              BloggerGirl xox

P.s. If any of the few people I told about my blog are reading this... Please don't treat me differently because of this. This is important to me. This is really hard for me to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment